On Thursday, April 26, the City of Hattiesburg’s Traffic Division, Police Department & Fire Department will provide supporting services to The Saenger Theater to accommodate traffic into Downtown Hattiesburg for the Jimmy Buffet concert. The following roads will be closed at specific times to load equipment into The Saenger Theater and to direct traffic flow:
- Forrest Street between West Front Street and West Pine Street (all day)
- The left lane only of West Front Street between Forrest Street and Main Street (all day)
- West Front Street between Dudley Conner Street and Main Street (at 3 p.m.)
- Hemphill Street at West Pine Street (at 3 p.m.)
- West Railroad Street at Main Street (at 3 p.m.) This will block access to the service road, not the parking lot.
- Dudley West Conner Street, between West Front Street and West Pine Street (at 5 p.m.)
For businesses and residents along these streets, barricades will accommodate for outbound traffic, directed to West Pine Street. Detour routes will be established to direct traffic around Downtown Hattiesburg. Ronie Street and Main Street will remain open.
The following lots will be available for parking:
- Sacred Heart (after 6 p.m.)
- Mississippi Power (after 5 p.m.)
- Railroad Lot behind Regions & Jackie Dole Sherrill Community Center (after 3 p.m.)
- Additional parking along the perimeter of Mobile Street and other areas (much like for HUBFEST) will also be available.